16 August 2014

Mork Returns Home After a Time on Earth

Copyright © 2014 by Thomas Gangale
@ThomasGangale

When I am inspired to create, to think that these thoughts from nowhere are mine alone seems arrogant, to say that it is the Creator working through me seems a conceit, to ask for God’s peace and for a time and space to work seems selfish, and to resent the noise of those nearby who love me and who sustain me in the physical world seems ungrateful. I am guilty of all these things, and yet by some grace I do create. The worth of it is not for me to judge. The only truth that is certain is that it gives me joy, and for this I thank the Creator. If asked of the present work, or any other which bears my name, whether I wrote it, why, that is the mystery, even to me.

To think in ways no one else can is the ultimate loneliness. A day can be a desperate battle for survival against one's inner demons, retiring for the evening a quiet celebration of the small victory of having lived through another day, tempered by the inevitability of taking up the weary struggle again with the next dawn. We live for those precious, fleeting moments when we shine so brightly and seem to touch the face of the Creator, but sometimes we ask in anguish why She made us this way. For Robin Williams, 63 years was too long a wait for an answer.



Thomas Gangale's Song Lyrics and Free Verses

No comments: