18 April 2016

Lawyer's Paradise

Copyright © 2016 by Thomas Gangale

I'll sue you for the lit up night
When I nearly died
From your failed launch try
I'll sue you for the trashed up sky
From your blown up flight
Fault you can't deny
Make space a lawyer's paradise

Did we ratify pacts too soon?
Did we make some mistakes?
If space law is so spry
Then why does it change once in a blue Moon?
I wonder why
We never defined
For outer space its delimitation

I'll sue you for your overflight
Below Kármán's Line
That was some low ride
I'll sue you, it’s my sovereign sky
If you want to fly
Better stay up high
Make space a lawyer's paradise

Did you register your launch today?
Did you shine it on?
If you’re the launching state
Then why don’t I see you listed here?
That just won’t fly
So I’m gonna slap you
With one hell of a litigation

I'll sue you, I imagine my
Billable hours might
Boost my fee sky high
I'll sue you if it’s wrong or right
Depositions might
Keep us up all night
Make space a lawyer's paradise

And when we try to amend
The Moon Agreement
Have we got what it takes
To carry COPUOS consensus?
Or watch it die
In subcommittee
For lack of agreement among nations?

I'll sue you for the satellite
Which you landed right
On my mining site
I'll sue you just to watch the sight
Of your profits bright
Disappear tonight
Make space a lawyer's paradise

Woe o o o o, yeah yeah!
Woe o o o o, yeah yeah!
Make space a lawyer's paradise


Thomas Gangale's Song Lyrics and Free Verses



 

No comments: