16 February 2016

A Fridge Too Far

Copyright © 2016 by Thomas Gangale
@ThomasGangale

I wouldn't have believed that I would miss having a refrigerator in the bedroom as much as I do. I remember how I felt when we first got it: cool, it's like living in a hotel room... now all we need is room service. It broke down over the weekend. I guess it wouldn't be as big of an adjustment if I hadn't let Jadzia Tongilava and Doobie Mapapalangi drag me on a chase after pigs through terrain recently submerged due to a tropical cyclone. Their pulling me along like that made every step feel like going down a steep grade, which is hell on the knees for anyone with anterior cruciate laxity. I paid for indulging my "fight girls" that night. Just walking around the house was an ordeal. So, having to walk from the bedroom to the main refrigerator in the kitchen for juice, ice cubes, et cetera very much felt like a fridge too far.

Jadzia Tongilava

 
Doobie Mapapalangi

Thomas Gangale's Tales of Tonga

No comments: